To provide all students with the academic and social knowledge and skills needed for life-long success in a changing world.
Preston School District believes that in partnership with parents and the community our schools will provide appropriate opportunities for all learners to reach their academic and social potential in a safe and supportive environment.
Our Beliefs are Centered in the Fact that All Students Can Learn
- Teachers are committed to the educational process, establish high learning expectations, value the diversity of their students, and impart knowledge and vision to help students become life-long learners.
- Instructors use approved curriculum, instructional strategies, and best practices to promote active involvement of students and meet the individual’s abilities and talents.
- Each child should become an effective communicator who can present his/her ideas using appropriate written and oral language utilizing technology as a tool.
- As our district grows, our educational organization will advance continually to meet changing educational needs.
- Schools are successful when there is strong parental involvement.
- Communication with stakeholders is essential with all stakeholders in fostering a positive learning environment.
- Schools support a learning atmosphere where everyone feels emotionally and physically safe.
- Schools are clean, safe, and conducive to learning.
- Education is a shared responsibility with parents, teachers, and community for building character, integrity, and self-esteem in a diverse world. These character traits, when practiced, will bring meaning and value to learning.
- Trust, respect, and collaboration create an atmosphere of positive educational exchange.