Welcome to the 2019-2020 school year for Preston School District! We, as a school district, are tremendously excited about the coming year and what we can accomplish together as teachers, students, parents, and community. We look forward to a number of improvements and changes in our district, as well as strategies that have served so many of our students well for many years. The synergy between the old and new will continue to provide more opportunities for our students than ever before to meet their individual needs.
We have new administrators, supervisors, teachers, aides, and coaches this year. Some of the new faces are people we already know moving to different positions within their schools or the district. Others are educators who are new to our community. As we went through the hiring process for these new educators we had numerous qualified candidates for each position and we feel that Preston School District got the best educators in each of the respective candidate pools. We look forward to seeing the positive attributes that each of them will bring to their new positions.
There are a number of new programs that we will be putting in place in this coming school year. Many you are aware of and some may be new. To name a few of these programs we have:
- New English/Language Arts curriculum that will be adopted at all schools.
- Preston Jr. High will be piloting a one-to-one program with the 6th grade students.
- There will be new course offerings at Preston Jr. High and Preston High School
- Pioneer Elementary will have a new main office and new access routes to the building to increase the safety and security of the building.
- There will be an additional resource officer that will be assigned to the jr. high and elementary buildings. We appreciate the work with city and county leadership as we developed this program.
We look forward to the start of the new school year and can’t wait to see each of our students come through the doors to start an exciting new adventure in 2019-2020!